Friday, February 5, 2010

F4 REUNION


Cliff Abrahan, Rex Wagas, Eugene Cabusao and me a.k.a. The Fantastic Four!

Eugene Cabusao, Rex Wagas, Cliff Abrahan and I earned a rather conspicuous moniker – The Fantastic Four!
Mike Limpag, sports editor of the Sun Star newspaper, cast upon us as such moniker after he read the blog of Haide Acuna posted in Marathon Foodie.
A few other stories were written about the four of us and I couldn’t help but chuckle every time I recall our adventure during the Cebu City Marathon. I guess that one was really for the books.
A few weeks back, Cliff wrote his “version” of the story in Sun Star. Again, I couldn’t help but grin. With all the publicity, we couldn’t even hide.
Just like the other day at Abellana. After I finished my laps at the swimming pool I found Scott (forgot his surname) at the shower room. I met him at the pool in December (when I resorted to swimming because of my aching back) then a few more times at RUNNR before the Cebu City Marathon. He was running the 21K he said. I told him I’m running my first marathon and we ended up wishing each other Godspeed.
On this particular occasion, Scott remembered me when I greeted him and the first thing he asked me was, “Did you finish the marathon?” “What was your time?”
I told him I finished last with three others then he interrupted me. “You must be Raffy,” he said. “I read about you, you guys were the Fantastic Four!”
Since 01-10-10, I met Cliff a couple of times already. I’ve also met Rex while I was on my way out of the oval last week. The only guy I haven’t met our contacted yet after the marathon is Eugene.
Cliff joined the practice run for the Rotary Fun Run last Sunday. Rex, when I saw him, said he has been practicing as well. Cliff will join the Run with a Smile on Feb. 14 and the 2nd Rotary Fun Run on Feb. 21. Rex mentioned he would be joining as well.
Eugene, despite his silence, has the time to practice at his camp somewhere in Samar, so I would suppose he’s now in good shape. He will be providing support to his wife Haide Acuna when she runs the BDM 102 ultra marathon in March.
I was thinking, if Cliff, Rex and me are running in February, could we convince Eugene to come to Cebu to run with us? It would be cool if he could take a break so the Fantastic 4 could have a reunion!
Wouldn’t that be wonderful?
I told Cliff, however, that this time he has to be in shape because whoever finishes last in these races has to buy lunch for the group!
I also told him I’m not going to wait for nobody this time. Of course, I’m just kidding.
Eugene, if ever you read this blog, please send smoke signal if you could come to Cebu on Feb. 21 so we could run together. The Fantastic 4 wouldn’t be complete without you!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Raffy!

    I'm trying to convince Eugene to join the Great Lapu-Lapu Run on April 18. Maybe you can have a reunion then!

    Welcome to blogging Raf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. helo raf..how r u guys..this is me Ray..who was with our group in the CCM Marathon..the one with the heart rate monitor..along us was sir eugene & mr cliff..i remember the pain in ur foot..it's good to c u here..wana c u in the future runs..hehe..

    to atty. acuna: tnx for the foto shoot with me in the finish line..u did run remarkably..tnx

    ReplyDelete