Friday, February 18, 2011

SHOWDOWN IN LA

Griffin dunks over two Bulls players. Photo by Stephen Dunn/Getty Images

Two weeks back I wanted to be in Bacolod City; this time I want to be in LA. If had my way, I may add, to watch this year’s 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend?
            This is a showdown.
            I’d like to watch Blake Griffin throw down those dunks! There’s the likes of Demar DeRozan, Sege Ibaka, Javalee McGee who are all capable to rocking the rim too.
            Griffin has been in every highlight almost every week. This rookie could fly, hand on air and stuff it. Can’t wait for the contest to begin. If I were LeBron James I would sign in as a late registrant!

Paul versus Ray in the 3-point shootout
 Of course there’s the main attraction will be the All-Star game on Sunday (Monday in the Philippines). Kobe, Carmelo, Kevin, Chris and Ming (he’s injured and will be replaced) will go up against LeBron, Dwayne, Ama’re, Derrick, and Dwight.
            Pop will handle the West and has put Duncan to start in lieu of Yao while Doc gets to coach the East for the second straight year.
            West reserves have three first time invitees in Griffin, Love, Westbrook. But the East has got it all in green with Kevin, Paul, Ray and Rajon making the list. Will Doc put Dwight in with his four stars?
            What I’d love to watch is the match-up at point between Derrick and Chris, two of the hottest PG’s in the NBA this year.
            For the past two years, the East had been having their way with the West. I think it’s about time for the West to return the compliment.
            The curtain raisers are just as mouth watering starting with the Rookies versus the Sophomores and the Skills Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment