Saturday, July 3, 2010

PRESS CONFERENCE WITH MARY GRACE DELOS SANTOS AND TOBY CLAUDIO TODAY

Mary Grace, left, with Toby Claudio, right, and Sherwin Managil.
Photo taken inside RUNNR Ayala in November 2009.


Mary Grace Delos Santos, fresh from her second place finish in the women’s 21k category of the Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon in Malaysia last week, will meet the press today at Mooon CafĂ© in Ayala.

Beside her will be RUNNR founder Toby Claudio, who was the brain behind the participation of Mary Gace in Kuala Lumpur.

Mary Grace should be able to tell her story of what transpired during the race. I had the chance to talk to her after she arrived in Cebu Monday morning but wouldn’t dare to preempt her. She will tell it the way it happened.

Meantime, let me say that there was nobody as excited when Mary Grace won than Toby Claudio.

Sir Toby called me past noon of June 28 and asked if heard about Mary Grace. I told him that I received a text that she won second place but is waiting for an e-mail from her. He was excited over the phone and congratulated me! In my mind, I was saying, “No, Sir, we have to congratulate you for believing in Mary Grace!”

As was written in the papers, Sir Toby went to say, ““I was thinking that if Mary Grace could finish the race with a good time, I’d be more than happy. Her winning second place truly exceeded expectations!”

I won’t be able to attend the press conference because I’m flying to today to Manila but I know it’s gonna be a blast!




No comments:

Post a Comment